Friday, June 15, 2012

Personal Project



What do you want the piece to visually communicate? 
How will materials, processes and scale inform the work?






-- I wanted my work to serve as a functioning object you see in everyday life. I added a 
twist to my table by adding another common object. The contrast between the wood and the
metal ashtray is meant to attract the viewer's and have them take a closer look.


-- My materials were destructed table pieces that I reconstructed back together to form a new 
object. The ashtray is a finishing touch that adds a compliment to the wood, visually engaging the
viewers. 


My inspiration for this project did not come from viewing other artists and gaining ideas. I took what my 
professor had taught me and built off my experiences throughout the class. Inspirational ideas for me would be
taking destructed furniture and repairing it to serve as a different functioning form. 



No comments:

Post a Comment