Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peep Hole









"The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury
My response to “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury is that children are too interested in television and technology and forget to think and learn. As I began reading, I was rather confused and didn’t understand where it was going, but as I kept reading I started to associate it with parents living in their generation (a generation that wasn’t accustom to technology) and kids that were interested in all the new technology. How I can relate to that is that growing up my parents did like me being on the internet all the time, I guess they felt I was being exposed to a world that they didn’t want me to see at a young age. Thinking back to that time I guess I understand but at the time I didn’t get it. I feel that people these days are too concerned with technology and they don’t see the simple beauties in things. Most people are too fed up with technology and don’t take time to use their imagination. Lastly, I am not hating on technology I think it is a great thing, but when it comes down to it I like to free myself from all of that and just use my brain.








Inspirations--
Sook Kim, Will Corwin, and Mark Shetabi
Also, the narrative "Little Red Riding Hood"

--I wanted to create a theme throughout the piece making the viewers feel like they were in the forest with little red riding hood. By making a run-down wooden box and imitating a forest I wanted to grasp the viewers leaving them with a dark, creepy vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment